Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wrap Your Gifts in Joy

It's Wednesday, so it must be time for another frivolous picture-filled Christmas post! Now that most of the gifts have been purchased... it's time to wrap them. Some people like to wait until all the gifts have been bought and then have a grand wrapping extravaganza all at once. Some people even like to have a "wrapping party" and make a whole social event out of it. I don't do either of these things because I get very excited about each gift and want to wrap it and make a whole presentation out of it as soon as possible - like immediately. Also because I order a lot of stuff online and it shows up when it shows up.

I've always been the person that people would come to if they needed a gift wrapped. Whether because they didn't like wrapping gifts, they had an oddly shaped package to wrap, or they just wanted the biggest perfectionist alive to deal with it. If you need a package wrapped - I am your girl. The last few years, (in the name of my love for trees) I've gone anti-wrapping paper year round. I plan on going all furoshiki and wrapping my gifts in cloth once I'm out of paper, but first I have to use up the paper I already had.  Sometimes I don't even use paper because I like the "rustic" look of just throwing a ribbon on a plain package.

Regardless of how you do things - here are a few creative, sometimes eco-friendly ideas for your recipient's enjoyment and general festive flair. Just remember, wrapped gifts being shipped should be as flat as possible. Pomp and fluff tend to get squashed in transport. As of Saturday, it will be only one week until Christmas, so if your gifts need wrapped or more "Wow" - the time draws nigh.





The top two photos are from Jordan Ferney, and Squawkfox - respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment