Monday, October 3, 2011

Friday - Looking Back

Friday was a lot of things...including but not limited to: the end of the month, my 11 year anniversary (since our first date), and the first time I got one of my feet behind my head.

Now as October begins - it's becoming harder to deny that my favorite season Summer is gone. The weather is still mostly here, but the cooler mornings and nights are creeping in for sure. I'm trying my best to accept Autumn, but the idea of wearing pants and starting to wear sweaters soon is not thrilling. Hopefully the increased opportunities to bake and celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays will help.


My anniversary was nice - nothing too horribly exciting, but good. Our wedding anniversary is coming up soon so we don't tend to make a huge deal out of the dating anniversary. Basically we went out to a nice restaurant and had what turned out to be mediocre food. Despite my best efforts I really don't like polenta or red cabbage. The live music was fun though. I definitely enjoyed that.

Oh yeah, and I got my foot behind my head... which is barely even noteworthy. That's how I've been feeling anyway. If you've been around a while you may recall that after my foot reached my head in King Pigeon pose - that Eka Pada Sirsana was my next big goal. Every day I feel equally distant from that goal as the day I set it, but Friday it just kinda happened. Now I always thought that achieving this feat would be like - "Fuck Yeah!", but it turned out to be a half smile, and then I pretty much forgot about it. I've been terribly underwhelmed about the whole thing. Does that mean I'm becoming less attached to the fruits of my labor? Maybe. If so, I'm okay with that. I only managed it with one foot... so one of these days I'll be an ambidextrous foot-behind-header and that'll be neat. For pictures at least. Something I don't have any of yet.

Kino Macgregor - Ashtanga Badass and Teacher

So what is all this rambling about? Well - as the seasons change and the earth gets a bit quieter it's a good idea to turn inside and do some assessing. See where you've been, check out where you are, and realize where you're going. Shed your attachment to the past, try to make the most of your present, and if your future does not look promising - either learn to accept it or take action to change it Now.

Photo Source: The top pic is mine, but the bottom pic is from KinoYoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment