Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Goals

I did a lot of stuff in 2010. Since I was doing significantly less teaching than I'd like (none to be exact - none that paid anyway)... I had some time to do other stuff. I don't really DO new years resolutions - but I will spare you the speech on that today. I do however, make goals. All the time I make goals and plans and I make things happen.

February 4th is my birthday - last year I turned 28 - it seemed like a good time to make a list of "30 Things Before 30". That gave me plenty of time, I thought, to accomplish 30 things I've always wanted to do. Two years is enough time to put some bigger things on the list without it seeming entirely unreasonable, and plenty of time to get a bunch of little stuff done. Lots of little things that are super easy - that I could've done on any old day, but just never had. In fact, that list is what made me make this new blog. To put my face/name as a yoga teacher - out there. As a teacher - this blog will be my home base. A place for people and my students to find me. That's the point anyway.

Some other things I accomplished last year - some from the list, some not.
  • Contributed to Elephant Journal
  • Got a library card - and used it! - for a while
  • Focused on having a daily meditation practice
  • Donated away many boxes of stuff we had just sitting around since moving here.
  • Became ordained so I can officiate weddings
  • Put together an herb garden
  • Cleansed my life of toxic people that made me feel like shit - that hated when I stood up for myself.
  • Learned to Spin Poi
  • Really learned to Hula Hoop - with Tricks ♥
  • Went to Wanderlust, took classes with amazing teachers, and met some awesome famous yogis
  • Hosted a holiday dinner where everything was made from scratch
  • Rode a horse by myself for the first time ever
  • Went to concerts
  • Took a real road trip
  • Went to Vegas
  • Visited Meteor Crater in Arizona - cooler than it sounds
  • Saw the winter solstice full moon lunar eclipse
  • Saw the Geminids meteor shower
  • Submitted photos to a yoga clothing company that got accepted to be on their website (not up yet) - and got paid in more clothes.
  • Got my foot to my head in Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana (something I had always dreamed of doing, but never thought would actually happen)
  • Got my foot to my head in a Hanumanasana Variation
  • Started doing forearm stands and handstands away from the wall
As far as accomplishing some things I always wanted to do - I notice that it helped to actually write down what I wanted to do. Make a list - and put it somewhere so I look at it everyday. So I am ALWAYS asking myself - What can I do today to make something on that list happen?

Today - make your own list if you feel so inclined - and we can make 2011 the "most lived" year we've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment