Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kino MacGregor on Strength

This quote and picture set has been making the rounds lately, especially on Tumblr, and I thought it was worth sharing. Here Kino speaks about finding strength, but there are lots of other beautiful insights from her in this interview with Toronto Body Mind on the Spiritual Dimension of Yoga.


Source: http://fuckyeahashtangayoga.tumblr.com/post/23123206989/bestronger#


Every time that I reached a limit in my practice, Guruji and Sharath would say, “You have to be stronger,” and I got so frustrated. I was like, “Well, how do I do that?” Be stronger. I was like, “I don’t get it. You know, I don’t get it.” So my tendency is to quit. You know, like when things are rough, I want to quit. You know, when things don’t work out, I want … like in the practice, I reach my physical limit like “Oh, I can’t” and that’s what comes up for me. The notion is here is “Don’t quit. Don’t give up. You have to be strong enough to believe in yourself. If you don’t take a stand for your dream, no one will. You have to be stronger.” How do you be stronger? You DECIDE. You DECIDE. It’s a decision. It’s that Śraddhā that says that I know this to be true because I will work everyday to assure that it’s true. If I take five steps forward and I take five steps back, I will take five steps forward again. I will pick up the pieces and humbly put in the work no matter how low I need to start from, no matter how long it takes. I will work everyday to make this true. I will stand up for this because I believe in it ‘cause I know it to be true. 


 — Kino MacGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment