Monday, November 21, 2011

Where Are You Going?

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra


I spent a large chunk of this weekend in stores with incredible piles of people. Tons of people dutifully consuming... unless they're just milling about like zombies. I saw a lot of that too. I get the feeling that few of these people are practicing presence. I don't think many of them are on any particular path or maybe even aware of their life. Many of them are just going through the motions and existing. I hope I'm not doing that.

I've been trying to make christmas lists for people, buy gifts, practice yoga, figure out when/how I'm going to visit my mom one of these days... and yet I'm trying to give Thanksgiving it's time. Right now that's where I should be going. Yet my path has kind of skipped it, so I need to circle back around and make sure I get to Thanksgiving. I don't want to miss it. It's not often that gratitude is in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment