Friday, November 11, 2011

Shifting with the Seasons

I can barely believe it's almost halfway through November. The deciduous trees are shedding leaves and letting the evergreens have the limelight for a while. The wind is faster and colder. Occasionally we're even getting snow here in the northern hemisphere.

I've made it no secret that I'm not a fan of the cold. Now it's time for me to hibernate like a small bear and I'll gladly do so. Wrapped in a blanket with a cup of hot tea all I can think about is turning on the fireplace one of these days. I've never lived somewhere with a fireplace before and the whole idea is charming.



I've been sick so I haven't really had an asana practice recently. I read somewhere that someone "heard" that every single day that you don't practice you lose a weeks worth of progress. I really hope that's not true because if it is I'm doomed.

In the spirit of the season slow down your practice today and quietly turn inside. Shed your leaves and let your bones rest for a bit. Take great care and nurture yourself maybe for the entire weekend. Moisturize and warm your skin, make your muscles supple, get sufficient sleep, and slow your monkey mind so you are better prepared for the cool weather and stressful holiday season that is coming.

Here at Hearts Expanding I've got some great stuff coming up. Giveaways, gift guides, book reviews and more! Stay tuned and take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment