Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ahnu Footwear - The Karma Review

I received an email a couple weeks ago with this shoe review offer and I was really really psyched. This is exactly the kind of shoe I've been waiting for - and just in time for spring. Ahnu is a socially and environmentally responsible company making fashionable shoes for active people. I love it.

The Karma: pictured in Plum. 

About the Company: Ahnu:
Gives Back to the Greater Good
Ethical supply chain standards
Use certified post-consumer recycled fibers in catalogs and packaging

About the Karma:
MSRP $90 with Free Shipping and Free Returns
Available in Black, Mood Indigo, Plum, and Garden Green.
Women's Sizes 6-11

"This active slip on offers style and comfort without compromising any aspect of yoga-chic. Made from soft, supple, full-grain leathers, these travel-friendly flats are made for all day wear, from running errands to traveling the world. The stretchy back heel provides a secure fit while making them easy to pack. The sculpted EVA footbed is wrapped in micro-fiber suede to offer a soft feel with every step." - Ahnu

EVA midsole, 4mm rubber skin, Microfiber sockliner with antimicrobial treatment
Numentum Technology
Comes with a 1-year Warranty

Even in thick grass - super stable.


When I first opened the box the scent was very very strong, but it was just the smell of rubber. These shoes have rubber soles and if yoga mats have taught me anything it's that rubber has a strong smell at first. The smell dissipates fairly quickly once you air them out a bit.

I love these shoes. They are attractive, comfortable, and the back is waaay more flexible than I'd expected.
They're lightweight, flexible, and cool. I've had some similar shoes before that everyone loved, but they made my feet sweat buckets so I couldn't stand them. I've encountered no such problems with these shoes. The whole shoe moves with your foot as you move. Unlike some shoes I've tried that were like walking on planks of wood.

This pic feels Peter Pan-esque.

One Small Issue: 
The front outer edge of the shoe (where the strap meets the front end) rubs leaving a red mark right behind my pinky toes. This is a common issue for me with shoes of this style, so I'm declaring it a non-issue and I am confident it will go away as I break in the leather more. I do have really thin feet though - so people with wide feet might want to try them on before purchasing them.

Overall:
I would recommend these shoes to just about anyone. They Rock!


Here's the rubber sole.

No comments:

Post a Comment