Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TheraPED Review

As a yogi I ask a lot of my feet, so when Health Enterprises, Inc offered me the chance to review their product the TheraPED, "Spa Therapy for your Feet", I agreed optimistically. I have had to ice/soak my feet many times being as active as I am, so I figured I'd give these a shot.


A little more about TheraPEDs:
MSRP $9.99
Included in CMA gift bags.
Given the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance.
Available only in Zebra print.
One highly adjustable size fits all.
TheraPED's are basically cushy hot/cold gel packs that you can strap onto your feet (with very soft velcro)  for therapeutic purposes.

I tried these 3 separate times in order to give them a really good chance to impress me. The 1st time was upon returning home from the gym - Heat. The 2nd time was upon waking with sore feet the next day - Heat. A couple days later I tried them after a vigorous yoga session - Cold. I followed the enclosed instructions to the letter.

I was a little hesitant because they were so silly looking to me. Putting them on really solidified this. I laughed like a maniac at how much I looked like a zebra-duck. When I was done with them - Adam tried them too and had the same results I did.


My Findings:
Heat: Completely Ineffective.

Cold: While it was slightly more effective than when heated, it mostly just made my foot uncomfortable with the cold gel directly on my foot instead of having cloth between skin and cold like I always do for iced injuries.

Toe spacers: Mostly just held it in place - didn't affect my toes at all. Too soft and thin to be noticeable. I have really open flexible toes, so I'm not surpised that the spacers did nothing for me and it doesn't mean anything. However, Adam got no better results from them than I did.

These might be great for people that wear heels a lot, but I can't vouch for their usefulness to anyone else. For me they might be better if they addressed the heel of my foot or my ankles instead of just the ball and top of the foot.
Only one per box surprised me. Since feet come in a pair, socks come in pairs, shoes come in pairs...

TheraPEDs are clearly well made and I like the convenience of being able to strap the heat/cold directly onto your foot and not worry about it shifting as you watch TV or read a book. Unfortunately I can't say that they delivered anything therapeutic to me except a little laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment