Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Forward Bends for Flexible People

Today's post is for intermediate/advanced students that are comfortable in their back, shoulders, and hamstrings. This post is not for the timid. I'm not going all contortionist on you - I can't do most of the craziest forward bends, but I know some modifications if basic forward bends are getting boring for you.

This sequence is NOT for just anyone. Don't try this sequence without speaking to your Dr. first if you have any medical/physical problems and/or do not already have a comfortable capable intermediate level yoga practice. Seek Peace At Your Own Risk!

Warm Up First.

Yep, that's a forward bend.

Elbows out to the side, side body long, shoulders back.
Clasped hands or holding a wrist around the feet are further options.

One 4 inch cork block.

Two 4 inch thick cork blocks. Don't hurt yourself.

I wouldn't suggest doing the last couple very often. In fact, maybe just don't do them at all. I generally don't. It's just a little something I know I can do. If you're more comfortable in your forward bends than I am - maybe do them once a week.

Have questions about these modifications? Did this post only confuse you? Send me your questions and I'll always do my best to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment